Been getting up early and walking to the beach; you have to go early because it's been very hot.
I've come to enjoy these walks. Plug in ear buds and put on some music makes walking on the beach like meditation. I've found I really like Irish music, it makes me smile.
As I was walking, smiling, and thinking a few days ago, I came across these folks Kite Surfing. Really looks like fun.
Then it's back to the boat and managing the boat polishers while lying around trying to stay cool.
These are the Dog Days of Summer.
We've actually accomplished quite a lot on Istaboa.
Being here in Jupiter, waiting out hurricane season, has given us the opportunity to work through some of the projects we've been needing to do for a while.
- The Hydraulics System has now been inspected and modified a bit to make it more reliable.
- The Air Conditioning water lines have been re-plumbed and are functioning well.
- The boat is shining like new.
- The engine room looks like new again.
- New Salon cushions are being fabricated and due to arrive any day. (fingers crossed)
- The old strainers and sea chest have been cleaned. They were once again filled with shells, but that should be a resolved problem now.
- The Bose surround sound has been repaired and is functioning again.
- New dishwasher to replace the old leaky one.
So that's it, nothing exciting to post.
Though I did see a picture of a monkey that I liked. A newly discovered species, a Cercopithecus lomamiensis. Sounds like the name of a Nordhavn, doesn't it.
and read a paraprosdokian I thought funny.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine."
I found this odd.
While looking at our blog analytics site I noticed a peculiarity. It seems that within a week or so there have been over 200 hits, all from the U.K., on my post eulogizing Neil Armstrong.
Why so many; why only the one post; why stay on the page for 10 to 12 minutes? Weird.
If you're one of these folks from the U.K. and you read this, please explain.
And today we're spending our Saturday watching Forrest Gump... we love this movie.
Forrest just got shot in the buttock while saving his buddies in the jungles of Viet Nam with napalm exploding hot on his heels. Stupid is, as stupid does.
Now, you're caught up.
Thanks again for checking up on us.
ps... Forest and Lieutenant Dan just went through the hurricane at Bayou La Batre. What a blow!