Sunday, July 28, 2013

Today's Pic

There's not a lot of things to take pictures of at Atlantic Yacht Basin, but if you look west towards the end of the day, you'll see the sun set behind something of interest... if you wait long enough.
This morning I woke early and walked up to the galley for a coffee. To my delight, looking in the other direction, I got a glimpse of the sunrise.
It was a pretty one. The water was still and reflecting the colorful sky like a mirror.
I sneaked out in my skivvies and snapped a pic, then watched for a moment while I drank my coffee.
Nice morning...


Sadly, the world lost J.J. Cale Friday. He was a great song writer.
Remember Magnolia, Call Me The Breeze, After Midnight, Cocaine, Crazy Mama? He wrote those great songs that were made classics by others.
Seems we're losing a lot of good ones all of a sudden.
Guess I'm just getting old.
RIP—J.J. Cale

From JJCale.com
JJ Cale Has Passed Away
JJ Cale passed away at 8:00 pm on Friday July 26
at Scripps Hospital in La Jolla, CA.
The legendary singer / songwriter had suffered a heart attack.
There are no immediate plans for services.
His history is well documented at JJCale.com, rosebudus.com/cale,
and in the documentary, To Tulsa And Back.
Donations are not needed but he was a great lover of animals so, if you like,
you can remember him with a donation to your favorite local animal shelter.


Here's to a peaceful Sunday morning.

Cheers,

Istaboa


No comments:

Post a Comment