Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Back online... Sporadically.




We took off at first light from AYB and made way south down the ICW. We hadn't gotten far when my phone rang, it was the Dock Master from AYB calling about our bill. Seems he thought we had done a dine and dash on him and he was pretty upset. I reminded him of our conversation the day before that I was going to leave early, so he had better get me an invoice, but he remained a bit agitated. So after exchanging a few colorful expletives, I think I got my point across.  Show me an bill, if we agree, I will pay it.
We didn't agree so the story will continue later.

We passed by Coinjock Marina and Restaurant because we needed to make as much distance as possible.
The rest on page 2.







As I posted earlier, we pulled into Alligator River Marina just before dark. It's a nice clean little place. Very quiet.



The next morning held fog as thick as a brick. I saw on my AIS there was a towboat waiting at the bridge so I hailed him on the radio. He said he had been waiting for two hours because the bridge could not open. The fog was so dense the bridge tender was afraid traffic couldn't see the stop gates in time which would cause an accident.
So we waited and waited some more. Till 9:00AM

Our next stop was Dowery Creek Marina. We have stayed here before, another nice quiet little place. The famous Georgie's Oyster Bar was closed on Mondays so I grilled out chicken. Still pretty good.

Will and Radar planning out the next days run. Radar wants to go to Morehead City, Will chooses Beaufort. We will see who wins.


So no fog this morning and we got an early start. Who knows how far we go today.

We awoke to a magnificent sunrise. Red skies at morn...?  Nah, we running inside today.

No comments:

Post a Comment